Grain Purchaser (Full Time Position)
Location: In the Summer Champaign, IL & In the Winter Tokyo, Japan
Evercorn, Inc. is looking to hire driven individuals who are looking to challenge themselves in a global work environment.
The hiring company is a subsidiary to a large Japanese corn starch manufacturer with more than 150 years of history. Evercorn, inc. buys corn in the U.S. and ships it to Japan. Some corn is purchased through trading companies and some is purchased directly. The company also aids the parent company in research and development of new products, and in marketing new products in the global market place.
- Japanese language skills ( Japanese Language Proficiency Test N1 or equivalent required).
- Native English speaker.
- GPA 3.5 or higher.
- U.S. citizenship required for this position.
- Looking for candidates with strong work ethic and who are willing to travel often.
- Open to all majors; good understanding of agribusiness is a plus.
- Purchase the required amount of grain at the best possible price, taking into consideration quality, grain type and logistics.
- Gather, analyze, centrally organize and communicate to Japan information on the trends in the U.S. corn market.
- Coordinate, arrange, oversee, and record all storage and transportation of purchased corn from the point of origin to delivery in Japan.
- Interpret and Translate Japanese/English.
- Engage in international outside sales for new products produced by the parent company Japan Corn Starch Co., Ltd.
- We are willing to teach or support on-the-job training for the appropriate candidate who lacks experience but is willing to learn.
- New graduates welcome!
We are also looking for students who would like to work as interns at any time. Time-frame, salary and work location for interns are negotiable.